Monday 31 July 2017

DIY Vision Board | TheLeiaV

 

Hey Loves! Today's blog post is on the seventh episode on my Girlfriends' Guide Series where I share how you can put together a Vision Board. If you think vision boards are a waste of time, the joke is on you.

I have a video on it where I share how I assemble my current vision board and stationery supply examples in it. Click here to watch it now.



I also have a podcast, the first and a very short one about the importance behind this vision board exercise. Click the link here; https://soundcloud.com/theleiav/gg-series-ep7-how-to-use-a-vision-board to hear me narrate a story to you.

The items required are mostly readily available in your homes. You could use any background of your choice, be it a colored paper or a corkboard. I chose the later just for the aesthetic feel of it. you could use push pins to pin images down. Even a magnetized white board and magnets would still do the trick, go crazy if you have a specific color theme for further customization.

I kept it rather simple and my supplies were from Daiso, just $2 for the items. Next up, you want to get hold of images that you'll like to see attain in your life. Remember, this is the tricky part as it has to be what you truly want and not what someone else has, had or have

Vision boards have reasons for its success and it is as simple as pinning images and words that inspires and motivates you, quite similar like the law of attraction. The vision board serves to be your sacred place of your dreams or goals waiting to be realized and the more you catch sight of it, the further your confidence gets strengthened. The more ready you'll be when it happens. 

Each day, catching a glimpse of it keeps your focus clear and blocks off any clutter as it aids being a visual reminder of our end goals. Vision boards are great if you're the visual type like me. While I like words and enjoy reading books, I also enjoy illustrations, pictures and imagery filled with colors. Perhaps, this is why I like the concept of a vision board.

In the past, I made a few boards that were all over the place. It contained too many things that I thought would lead me to true happiness. Designer bags, fancy holiday destinations, great clothes, gowns, hot bod, makeup and shoes. Well, it was like someone else's Instagram feed threw up on my vision board. True! It really was!

Yet with enough practice, I have grown to understand my vision board like me, needs to hold what only I would love to have. Not what someone else have had already as most of the ideas for my previous boards were influenced by what I scrolled through on my Instagram feed, guilty!

I took a step back and thought to myself deep and hard. For a long while, it was blank and I left it at that. It's okay to start from ground zero is what I will say. 

After sometime, I grew to realize the things, places, people and experiences that I subconsciously yearn for, talk about and think often, almost everyday. That was my light bulb moment, from then on i actively filled my vision board with pictures, images and words that I envision myself feeling a special kind of happy.

I urge you to try, it's almost like putting your bigger picture into perspective and it's an amazing long term goal setting exercise.

If you are new to my Blog, Welcome! Do sign up for our monthly newsletter for awesome freebies alongside with sneak peaks and behind the scenes of what's next on my YouTube Channel and Blog!


Here are my last two blog posts, for your easy reading..




I hope you enjoyed this week's post and I shall catch you very soon in my next one!



Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig