Monday 6 February 2017

How to Get Started on YouTube | Girlfriends' Guide Series | TheLeiaV






Hey Loves!!

This blog post will be the first of eleven other episodes, I am introducing on my Blog and on my YouTube Channel TheLeiaV, called The Girlfriends' Guide Series! 

This series will be covering lifestyle topics that has not been covered on my Channel yet, hoping to be useful for more of you Lovelies!!

Today I am going to break it down for you, on how you can get started on creating your very own YouTube Channel. I will also be sharing a lot of what I had learnt along the way, buckle up and get ready for the ride ahead!!

Disclaimer: This post is about me sharing my experience and how my journey was. Tips and tricks, I've learned along the way.



YouTuber Basics

A little breakdown of the YouTube Community, it's a platform for online digital/content creators like me to to post videos of my choice to share. It is also a place where viewers come to watch what they'd like to see. There are many categories of videos such as Beauty, Health, Lifestyle, Gaming and so much more.

This will be the time to start thinking about the type of content, you want for your Channel.


Equipment

If you're looking to create awesome sauce videos, there are a few key things to consider like the tangible and non-tangible equipment needed. It'll be great if you already have good quality camera, a basic editing software and a well lit space.

Look around to assess what you can find, borrow or work with to film your first few videos. Setting up the equipment and finding the right space, light, color balance and backdrop needs tweaking and varies for each video. Take one step at a time and try to figure what fits you the best.



Do's & Don'ts

There is a free worksheet available for download, just click here!! I discuss more about the Do's & Dont's helping you stay clear from what you should not be doing.

The general guidelines are; to not put up content that is offensive,contain inappropriate use of words, nudity, violence and a few more.



Finding Your Purpose

I say this because there is more to the success stories than we actually know. The successful YouTubers, we often hear of may have been continuously be practicing patience, consistency and are persistent with their content uploads and equipment upgrades. This may mean they may have been clocking many hours/days of hardwork both on/offline. They may have been creating content for several years (I am talking many) before we start hearing about them. Think twice if it's the fame or fandom you seek, it takes time.



Let's say, if you have already embarked on your YouTube journey but have no clue how you're doing. Use the info that is readily available to you, to estimate how your channel is progressing and to set new goals. 



Collaborations 

It's a great way to make friendships while learning and sharing with other creators and creates a great sense of belonging. It gets better when the creators in collaborations share the same wave lengths and are directed towards similar learning outcomes.

In the worksheet, more are covered about seeking collaboration opportunities and how to get about it.

That's it for the first episode of the Girlfriends' Guide Series on TheLeiaV, more coming your way.

I hope this blog post and worksheet will serve to be helpful to start creating content on the YouTube platform. I will see you very soon in my next post, very soon.

If you're new to this blog, welcome!! Check out my last two blogs;



For more new updates on my blog, join our mailing list. It's that easy!!

Love,


♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig