Tuesday 27 February 2018

Plum Green Tea Clear Face Mask Review


Hey Loves!

Today, I bring you a product review on the Plum Green Tea Clear Face Mask! I got to say that I am pleased with my findings and am excited to share my thoughts and review with you. This product was sent to me for PR by Svathy of Skin First Makeup Second. More info about her business can be found here.

I really like this mask hence this review contains my honest opinions only.

I also would like to include that the Plum brand takes pride in being always free of parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, SLS, DEA and PABA.

The full range of their green tea line has more products, is listed on their official website at;
https://plumgoodness.com/collections/oily-skin

The usual popular choices for clay masks specifically for oily skin types usually contain kaolin clay as well as bentonite clay that aids removing the gunky surface matter leaving the skin squeaky clean after. You will be glad to learn that this mask has both the two types of clay mentioned.



One of it's key ingredient is it's green tea extracts that is said to help to control acne formation. We generally are aware of green tea being an excellent anti-oxidant and this mask contains glycolic acid too that sloughs away dead skin cells. Unlike a physical face scrub, glycolic acid works as a chemical exfoliant that helps remove the excess dead skin cells that do not get lifted off the skin's surface with regular washing.



Typically, most oily and acne skin types need extra care that sometimes may include \acne preventive skincare routine and/or a healing routine to deal with the aftermath of the occasional breakout that occurs once a month.

The glycolic acid present in this mask comes in handy as we need to be exfoliating regularly anyways for all skin types especially so, if we are fond of wearing makeup often with silicone based primers that sometimes results in clogged pores and tiny bumps forming under the skin layer.

Ingredients;

Aqua (Water), Bentonite, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerine, Fragrance, FDA Approved Colours, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycolic Acid, Kaolin, Phenoxyethanol

My Thoughts

It has a slight tingle on the skin when applied fresh from the jar, the sensation is almost unnoticeable after a few minutes. I enjoy the unusual consistency of this mask though, it has the thickness of a regular mask but yet it feels almost like a moisturizer if you have a small amount of it, on your fingers. This could be due to the ethyl-hexyl-glycerine present in the mask, a skin conditioning agent. What? This is why I am intrigued that the mask is not too overly drying on the skin.

Of all clay masks, I've tried so far; Up to date, the consistency of this green tea mask is a surprise to me. I like the clean green tea scent that isn't too overpowering when applied on the face. It has a very light green color and dries a two shades darker, approximately about after 15-20 mins of wear time. 

The green tea mask comes in a glass rounded jar with a transparent bottom accompanied with a white screw-on lid holding 60gms of it's content. The top or the cap screws off to reveal a small lid to protect the mask from drying out.

I would highly recommend this mask to someone of oily to very oily skin type, for sure. I personally have oily skin and l've benefited from using the green tea face mask at least once a week. Unless you have very oily skin, I would only recommend to using the mask weekly once. About every five days once and this is only because I've noticed with other clay masks, the sides of my nose and my upper lip area tend to feel dry after.

This mask does not do that perhaps due to it's hydrating ingredient in the mask.

I hope you enjoyed this review for today's blog post. I shall catch you very soon.


Love,

Share:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for this amazing article. I loved it check haute her.

    ReplyDelete

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig