Friday 1 December 2017

Ten Benefits of the Minimalism Lifestyle



Hey Loves!

Today's blog post is going to be about an idea that I was slowly introduced to. It's none other than the Minimalism Lifestyle and I like how this has been working out for me. What's more is that this lifestyle has overall helped me in many ways. This is why, I am going to be listing my top ten benefits of living the Minimalism Lifestyle.


If you'd like to hear me talk about this topic more, then click the link below to watch the video on my YouTube Channel, TheLeiaV


Anyways, let's see the top ten benefits to this Minimalism Lifestyle!

 1. Clarity of Mind

When we have lesser to deal with, the more clarity we tend to retain in many aspects. It's nice to view the world without judgement and to assess what is around us just the way, they are. Our physical possessions are linked to our emotional and mental health, having too much and yet feeling empty may signal something.


2. Better Health

This minimalism lifestyle takes many shapes and forms and this can definitely be cultivated if you're interested in this way of living. Remember take one day at a time and try, perhaps you can scale back to see how busy your schedule is and try to take one day off just for yourself. You may also start clearing things away from your physical spaces such as your home and wardrobe and digital and personal spaces like your calendar and commitments. 


3. More freedom

I believe this is self-explanatory, it's so ingrained into us that we have to fit into these molds set by our families and the society. Not anymore, especially if these habits are not contributing to better ourselves. Try saying 'yes' to the more important things, we can try to 'unlearn' and 'relearn' what's exactly are important things in our lives.

Being debt-free can be an amazing feeling as it just frees you emotionally and can actually lead you to your better well-being! How about that?


4. Lesser Stress

More reasons for us to look into what we really need vs what we really want. It's important to realize that we get our perspective into the big 'why' for owning the possessions that we love rather than meaningless reasons.


5. More time

Most of the benefits discussed are intertwined with one another and it's more of a cascading effect with the goodness of this lifestyle. Which I am open to liking, more time can allow me to do more of the things that I love like creating content for my YouTube Channel. Designing and refining my passion projects and idea conceptualization. Hence, more time on my hands.


6. Self confidence

Yes, indeed! It does! An unexpected aspect of living with just what you need frees up so many areas of our lives that confidence is heightened. Similar to the point discussed above, more time allows to plan better and it's a huge boost to our confidence.


7. Greater purpose

Our greater purpose is the big 'why' and can be great for us to set our intentions. It's not wish-y washy or indecisive instead it holds the intent with a strong foundation. You know exactly what you want, why you want and how you're planning to get there. Being crystal clear about the path ahead and the challenges identified just helps to condition our mind to be affirmative.


8. Extra Money


No doubt about this. The lesser we spend, we're bound to have more in our pocket. With lesser stuff, there is lesser clutter, lesser impulse buys and more money.

It really is that simple and ordinary. Have you discovered this?


9. Better Relationships

Unhealthy relationships can take up a lot of mental space in our heads and could cause confusion, frustration and an overall feeling of unhappiness.

Why would we want this upon us? Do yourselves a favor, free yourself from an unhappy relationship that you know deep down is hurting you and potentially cause you more harm.


10. Lifetime Memories

Like it says, pictures are priceless. My favorite kind of memory, I love the instances when I catch a whiff of something, a familiar taste, a hilarious moment, a soap scent that triggers memories. I cherish them and it's something that always comes back to me when I least expected.

Holidays and special occasions should be about the food, the company, the conversations and not just about the gifts or prized possessions.

If I want something very badly, I'll get it myself like gifting it to myself. I don't see why I would have to hint to someone else to get it for me. I should be able to reach for my happiness by myself.

This saves time and I don't have to 'expect' something from my loved ones. What I value most is my loved ones' support, encouragement and motivation. This lifestyle has definitely helped me free myself from the unwanted and unnecessary space, physical, digital and mental space.

How about you?

This entry might be a little bore for some of you yet I hope this has helped someone out there who has been wanting to try out the minimalist lifestyle. This can be catered to fit your needs, it's not about owning a certain amount of furniture, home decor or clothing articles. It's about simplifying what we need from what we want.

I shall catch you very soon in my next blog post, very soon!



Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig