Friday 15 December 2017

DrJart+ Rubber Mask Clear Skin Lover First Impression




Hey Loves!

A few blog posts ago, I had briefly share about my current skin condition if you haven't read that post, click here!

When I chanced upon this rubber mask, I knew for sure I wanted to try it out! Sheets masks are very travel friendly and hardly takes up much space in my beauty counter, the newer ones that have been floating around the internet are the rubber masks from Dr.Jart+

I took the opportunity during last month's Black Friday Sale over at Sephora to get myself one of Dr.Jart+ Rubber Mask Clear Lover, this is priced at SGD 18.00. I took advantage of the 15% discount.

I have a First Impressions Video of me trying out this mask on camera. If you're interested to see the full video, click here to watch it now!




Considering this rubber mask for it's one time use, I feel the price is steep as compared to other traditional tub masks like The Body Shop and Innisfree ones. I had high hopes on this mask for it's price tag, it better deliver it's claims.

The mask has a two step process. Step one is to empty out the ampoule pack that contains 5ml of it's potent purifying ingredients that are gently absorbed into the skin. This ampoule pack is claimed to be of pore clear complex with an effective mixed plant extract (green tea, grape, persimmon) that cleans and purifies pore to make the skin smooth.

Step two is to get the rubber mask out and carefully place the two sheets over the face and to keep it on for 30-40mins and to massage the remaining ampoule gently into the skin. The rubber mask is a clears and soothes while preventing the active ingredients from the ampoule pack from evaporating out. With the mask on, the pufirying ingredients are absorbed deep into the skin and cleanse the skin.

The rubber mask is said to contain marine moisturizing ingredients such as spirulina, kelp, sea lettuce, agar seaweed and sea mustard) that penetrates deep and keeping the skin moisturized.

My First Impressions

The instructions to correctly use the mask were easy to comprehend with illustrations on the back of the packaging. The ampoule pack was clearly indicated as Step 01.

The ampoule pack is a clear gel and almost jelly like to the touch and I started going to town with it. I made sure to cover my entire face and neck with the ampoule. It had a scent of a craft glue, I believe it's called pva glue. It felt and smelt just like that with a thinner consistency.

On camera, I did see a clear difference before and after applying the rubber sheet mask. That's exciting yet it's pretty much similar to trying out any other clay, pore clearing and refining masks in the market. Usually after cleansing the mask off, there will be a difference in the luminosity of the skin just like this rubber mask. There was no particular significant difference that would get me hooked to this rubber mask, though.

I have mentioned and I will say it again: for a one time use, this mask has a steep price tag. Will I get it again? Most probably not, only because there are plenty of masks that come in a variety of packaging and volume content that are reasonably priced.

However, this rubber mask was a lot of fun to try out and scare my kid whilst on my face. If you're curious to give this rubber mask, a go then go for it!

I hope you found this post useful and I will see you in my next blog post soon!


Love,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig