Friday 8 September 2017

The Face Shop Ink Graffi Brush Eye Liner Pen Review


It’s going to be another product review, today I will be sharing my thoughts on The Face Shop’s Ink Graffi Brush Eye Liner Pen. It’s a relatively new launch in Singapore.

If you have been following me for a while, you would have remembered about my sentiments about The Face Shop’s BB Cushion Review about two years back and how disappointed I was with it. Unforgettable, yet I believe my next experience with The Face Shop may be different.


Hence, I picked up The Face Shop’s Ink Graffi Brush Eye Liner Pen in 01 Ink Black 0.05mm from my nearest outlet at Causeway Point. I feel it was reasonably priced at S$ 16.80 comes in two shades, black and brown. Nothing much to be said about the packaging, very much box standard.


First Impressions

I like the calligraphy styled brush tip and fine point, you would love this pen if you hate dipping application tips back and forth with other liners in the market.

The formulation is also very much like the old school calligraphy ink with one layer, it's almost has a hint of dark charcoal on the lash line. Since the tip is fine, it can easily get into the inner corners of the lash line to extend the eye shape with ease. It tickles a lot too, if you can look pass that sensation.

Unlike some liquid liners that can deposit too much product on the lash line, you will not have to worry with this as the brush is tapered to a fine point.

My Thoughts

The longevity on this eyeliner though I found it to be not long lasting, surprisingly it lasts up to a good three or four hours maximum and it washes off easily with just a little soap and water. I don’t mind this because on most days, I don’t reach for a gel eye liner or a long lasting liner as a matter of fact. Yes, I don't wear makeup on most days.

I remove my makeup immediately after filming videos for my YouTube Channel and I don’t have to feff about dipping a cotton square into an oil based eye and lip makeup remover liquid. A time saver and I can get back to picking up from where I left with the housework, cooking, cleaning and picking my kid up from kindergarten.



I need at least two coats on the lash line to get the liner looking as black as it can get. One coat does not give off much opacity and it’s almost like charcoal grey. I have also noticed that it’s best to give time for the liner to dry down completely before moving onto the second coat as it tends to skip and become patchy when working on it while it’s wet.

The precision tip on this pen can be amazing bomb for eye liner ninjas and experts who can perfect their wing with one stroke while it could possibly end as a disaster in the hands of a Makeup newbie. Either way, it’s practice that brings about perfection.


If you’re on a look out for a new eye liner, give this a shot as I find this to be a lower cost alternative to the Maybelline Super Sharp Liner range from our local Drugstore that are typically priced at S$19, just below the S$20 price point. The Ink Graffi Eyeliner Pen works just about the same and I feel that it can easily pass off as a close dupe.



If you like to lock it down and refine the colour further, you can go over the eyeliner with a black shadow or a gel liner to set the liner further down so that it stays put for the rest of the day. I’ve tried this and it works for me, just be sure that you give it time to dry before working on the second layer. Usually it takes about two coats to achieve a rich dark line across the lashes for a voluminous look.

That’s it for this week blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading this product review! If you did then please do share this with your family and friends and tell me which is your favorite eyeliner.

That's it for this week's post, I shall see you in my next one!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig