Tuesday 15 August 2017

Vichy DermaBlend 3D Correction Foundation Review | TheLeiaV



Hey Loves!

I have yet another product review for you this week! This time is the Vichy Dermablend 3D Correction 16HR Foundation, I picked mine up along with the Rimmel London's Brow Shake Filling Powder at the Watsons Outlet at Takashimaya.

I have a review up on my blog and and a first impressions with a short demo up on my YouTube Channel, TheLeiaV. The links will click-able.


The foundation comes in sleek black squeezy tube with a twist-off cap with a fine applicator tip for dispensing. There are glossy silver info about the product on the front and back of the tube. It holds 30ml of content and recommended for usage up to 12 months, after opening. I picked my closest shade in no. 35 Sand out of the four shades offered. There were no shades for our medium to deeper skin tones:( It was on sale for just under S$40, at an introductory price. 

Claims

It's formula is said to be of a corrective resurfacing active type aimed towards oily acne-prone and sensitive skin. The formulation is oil-free and contains SPF 25 and I was immediately sold on these unique selling points.

On Vichy's official site, the Dermablend 3D is their first corrective foundation that is said to cover, smooth, improve oily and acne-prone skin in one layer.

This is enabled by their texture innovation called 'Alliagel' in their formulation, assisting pigments to cover and blur imperfections.

The foundation is said to have an ultra-matte finish without a mask effect and;

Ultra Treat
  • leaves skin looking clearer
  • provides immediate texture correction
  • helps conceal blemishes and breakouts of acne
  • reduces the appearance of redness
  • mattifies the skin for a natural finish

Ultra Tolerance
  1. Adapted for sensitive skin
  2. Hypoallergenic formula
  3. No paraben
  4. No coemedogene

*from Vichy's official site


First Impressions


When I first dispensed the product, it was rather thick and goopy for my liking. I noticed further that it was not stretchy or rather pliable, definitely not thin in consistency. This may feel too thick and heavy on the skin for some yet, it works amazing as a concealer.

I had tried a couple of times using it as a foundation and did not like how the formulation weighed on my facial skin. I had noticed that the coverage is indeed like it's claim, really high! Since the coverage was commendable, I really just need a fine tip brush to lightly disguise my post acne scars and imperfections (wherever I felt it was necessary).

With this trick, my face looked natural and looked almost flawless. To powder down the rest of my face, I used a dual powder foundation to pat down the shine and lock the foundation in place and it was good to go!

I prefer using this foundation in the place of a concealer instead. On me, it works best on the outer parameters of my face. I skip using the product on my oily t-zone and reach out for an oil-control primer instead, it works well this way.

Overall, I like the product for my customized need, I see how this foundation type product can boost coverage when mixed into light to medium cover foundations. The price tag on this foundation isn't too bad as it's about the similar range as compared to the rest of the base makeup products found in at our local drugstores (Guardian and Watsons) 

I hope today's blog post was helpful to you, I shall catch up with you very soon!


Love,


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig