Friday 26 May 2017

Loreal Rouge Maqiue Lipstick Review | TheLeiaV


Today's review is on the latest launch of Loreal Rouge Magique Lipsticks. Singapore is the first in Asia to have the complete line up of all twenty shades offered in this range and they were released earlier May, this year.

That's a whole lot of colours, indeed!! Hence, I was very excited to test the formulation and the wear of these lipsticks to review. The lipsticks are available at Watsons, Guardian and major departmental stores and are priced at SGD 19.90 each.

If you'd like to watch my review video, click here!!



The lipsticks in the Rouge Magique range has a bright metallic pink cap and a black matte bottom similar to the overall Loreal's standard lipstick bullets.

I picked up just three shades from the entire range as I felt that the shades from this new launch were somewhat quite close and similar to the lipsticks from Maybelline ColorSensational line.

The three that came home with me are;

  • Cashmere Delicat - A deep brown shade with orange and yellow undertones
  • Secret Date - A muted bright pink with purple, blue and pink undertones
  • Mauve Petal - A deeper purple with rich blue undertones


Out of the three, Cashmere Delicat is my least favorite as it brings out the sallowness in my skin and make my teeth appear yellow. This shade will best suit light to fairer complexions with pink and neutral undertones.

Secret Date is my favorite of the three, a pretty pink! This cheery shade can liven up an otherwise dull complexion and perfect for everyday and still within the neutral balance of lip colors for office wear. This is a quick favorite across many complexions, I can see why!!

Mauve Petal is my second favorite, this shade can be best paired with a strong feathery eyebrow while keeping the rest of the face minimal with this bold statement lip. This will look beautiful for light to medium complexions.

Overall, I am impressed with the glide of the formulation on my lips. The lipsticks are said to contain nourishing jojoba and canina oils with pure matte pigments and hydrating honey. When I had swatch some shades instore, the deeper bolder end of the shades left behind a soft satin finish on my arm. It's finish was not a flat powder matte that often ends up emphasizing fine lines on the lips and dehydrating the delicate skin on the lips after a few hours of wear time.

The lipsticks had a comfortable finish and feel on the lips, lightweight with two thin coats. The lip shades have easy color pay-off without much fuss, it does have movement though thus transferring easily. It leaves behind a gradual stain and fades off evenly and we probably could getaway with no need for touch-ups. A huge plus!!

The only two set backs to the Rouge Magique range are that the colors indicated on the bottom of the bullet did not reflect the true shades. While, the online swatch varied greatly from picture to picture and looked different in real life. Another is that the shades offered in this range does not cater to many complexions of different undertones.

The shade range may well suit very light to fairer complexions with neutral and pink undertones but there a few shades in the middle that may flatter many skin tones.

I give it 3 out of 5 lipsticks!!




Would you like to more reviews? If you are new to my Blog, welcome!! Do sign up for my monthly newsletter for awesome freebies alongside with sneak peaks and behind the scenes of what's next on my YouTube Channel and Blog!!


Here are my last two blog posts, for your easy reading...



I hope you had enjoyed reading this review and more exciting posts awaits you!

That's it for today, I shall see you very soon!!


Love,



♥♥♥   Let's stay connected!!! ♥♥♥


Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig