Wednesday 19 April 2017

Five Products I can Live without Tag | TheLeiaV


Most often it's about what we need/want when it comes to makeup for the most of us. This tag came in handy to ruffle through my makeup collection and to somewhat deeply analyze what are the products that I can do away with it.

I got tagged by Zeba Noor, a blogger who created this tag whom I had just collaborated a few weeks back. Thank you Zeba, for tagging me to take up this fun challenge!!

So, these are the five products that I can Live without tag, let's find out what they are and the possible reasons behind it.

Top on the list, is foundation. Personally, I am not fond of wearing foundation daily, because I find that it weighs down my face no matter what the formulation and finish is. To add, I have oily skin type and the humidity in Singapore does not add well to this combo.

About three hours of wear time, I can feel some slip and slide on my face and to re-touch on most days is a hassle. I swear by moisturizer and spf, if I do want to wear some sort of base makeup I would reach for concealer instead. I do some spot concealing and set it down with face powder and I'm done for the day.



The close second are falsies, Oh my God!! Can we just take a deep breath together? If the falsies are not worn correctly, they can be a huge pain throughout the wear time. 

Not forgetting the lash adhesive can sometimes slip and seep through the lash line and irritate my eyes, Gosh!! Again.. I would only put up with wearing falsies if it's a special occasion.

Many brand of mascaras offers an array of amazing amounts of lift, length and mascara and that's enough for me.



Setting sprays is no. 3 on my list, I honestly have not experienced any setting spray that locks down all of the face makeup in place. Being super clumsy, many a times I have also got the setting spray into my eyes. Yes, I am that person...

About the two and a half hour to three hours of wear time, my t-zone does get a little shiny with most setting sprays that I've tried. The best solution to this is to reach out for an oil blotting sheet instead that immediately mattes down the excess sebum situation.



No. 4 on my list are blushes, if you have been watching my makeup tutorials from the beginning of time. I prefer bronzers more as I prefer their illuminating finishes that helps to liven up my dull and sallow complexion instantly, eliminating the need for blush.


The last will have to be nail polishes, it may be obvious if you take a closer look at my instagram pics or YouTube videos. I hardly wear them because they need to be maintained almost every singly day.

Not that I hate nail polishes, no I don't. It's the maintenance that I sometimes detest and on most days, am too lazy for it. The need to be careful with the color chipping and the daily oiling for the cuticles. It's just too much work and I eat with my hands and I hate the sight of discolored nails. Oh, let's not even go there.

Well, that was intense!! Yaay, I made it through this tag and I know some of the reasons and products mentioned may resonate with you too.

That's it from me this week and I hope you enjoyed today's blog post!

Here's the link to my video on YouTube;





If you're new to my Blog, Welcome! Sign up for my monthly newsletter with your first name and email address for sneak peaks and freebies delivered to your inbox, every month!

Here are my last two blog posts, for your easy reading! 




I will see you very soon, in my next post!


Love,

♥♥♥   Let's stay connected!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig